Perfectly groomed trails, a unique mountain landscape and idyllic snow-covered valleys make Ramsau am Dachstein popular with cross-country skiers of all ages and abilities. It is know throughout the region and well beyond as one of the top locations for Nordic sports. At the heart of this winter eldorado lie the Rittis Alpin Chalets, the ideal base for an unforgettable holiday.
Cross-country skiing enthusiasts can look forward to:
- 220 kilometres of cross-country skiing trails
- Tritscherhöheloipe trail directly next to the chalets
- cross-country skiing stadium just a 7-minute drive away
- excellent cross-country skiing school
- floodlit cross-country skiing trail in the centre of Ramsau
- equipment test centre
- children's cross-country skiing park
XC Skiing Stadium
Train like the pros in the heart of Ramsau
Classic or skating, uphill or flat – however you like your cross-country skiing, the 220 km network of trails around the world championship cross-country skiing stadium Ramsau caters for all tastes and abilities. All in all there are 13 trails featuring 150 km for fans of the traditional classic technique and 70 km for those who prefer the more modern and dynamic skating technique. The Rittis Alpin Chalets are just a stone's throw from the nearest trail, making them the ideal base for a cross-country skiing holiday.
Cross-country skiing highlights in Ramsau:
- 13 trails measuring a total of 220 km
- different difficulty levels, lengths & altitudes
- floodlit night trail (4 km; floodlit daily from 17:00 until 21:00)
- 80 huts and snack stations next to the trails
- modern snow-making facilities
- all trails inspected and approved by the local authority
Our rental partner for sports equipment:
- Sport Ski Willy Link: https://www.ski-willy.at/shop/en/Winter-Rental.html
- Intersport Bachler Link: https://www.intersport-bachler.at/shop/
XC Skiing Schools
Equipment & courses
Beginners and those who wish to improve their technique will find several cross-country skiing schools near the Rittis Alpin Chalets in Ramsau am Dachstein. As well as standard individual and group lessons, they also offer taster courses and special technique training. Experienced and qualified instructors will be happy to give you tips and advice.
The cross-country skiing schools at a glance:
Outdoor adventures for visitors of all ages
Nordic X-Park & Panoramaloipe
A snowpark reserved for cross-country skiers! The world championship cross-country skiing stadium in Ramsau is home to a special training facility with jumps, banked corners, rollers and slalom poles. The Nordic X-Park gives beginners the chance to hone their skills alongside expert freestylers. The snowpark is especially good for training balance and technique.
The stunning mountain backdrop is the star of the show at the Dachstein Panoramaloipe. This cross-country skiing trail at 2700 metres above sea level offers unique panoramic views and caters for both beginners and advanced skiers. Don't miss out on the chance to ski this 15 km trail during your stay in the region.
Children's cross-country skiing park
The children's cross-country skiing park in the world championship stadium in Ramsau is a great place for kids to practise their skills. Features include uphill sections, small jumps and a slalom course.
There is also a separate area for ball games and running games. Rental equipment is available for hire at the stadium, which is just a short walk from the Rittis Alpin Chalets.
Tip! Children up to the age of 15 years can use the cross-country skiing park and cross-country skiing trails around Ramsau free of charge.