Explore the Ramsau region on two wheels
There are few betters ways to explore the region around the Rittis Alpin Chalets in Ramsau than by bike.
A number of mountainbike routes lead past the chalets and take riders up onto the surrounding peaks of the Rittisberg mountain and the Dachstein Massif.
Mountainbike holidays in Ramsau feature:
- 20 signposted mountainbike rides
- with a total distance of 930 km
- Bikepark Planai
Storage room & laundry facilities
The Rittis Alpin Chalets have a lockable storage room to keep your bike safe during your stay with us as well as a laundry room with a washing machine, tumble dryer and clothes horse.
From Valley to Peak
Mountainbike holidays in the Dachstein Massif
Ramsau am Dachstein is the ideal base for a mountainbike holiday in the Austrian Alps. The region's unique landscape of lush valleys and towering peaks promises an unforgettable experience for riders of all ages.
Short of long, easy or challenging: Ramsau and the surrounding villages really do have something for everyone. Little wonder that the Dachstein Massif is one of the most popular mountainbike destination in Austria. Huts and snack stations along the trails offer plenty of opportunities to stop for refreshments.
The most popular mountainbike rides at a glance:
- "Panoramarunde": This 56 km ride starting in the centre of Ramsau at the Gasthaus Edelbrunn leads up past the bottom station of the glacier cable car to the Bachlalm hut and then back along the road to the starting point. It is an excellent way to experience the Ennstal Valley.
- "Ramsau-Runde": This 38.7 km ride starts at the "Veranstaltungszentrum" (event centre) in Ramsau and leads along the forest trail to the "Türlwand" before continuing along the toll road to the bottom of the Dachsteinbahn cable car. Highlights include panoramic views and thrilling downhill sections.
Discover Dachstein with a little battery power
Electric bikes, also known as e-bikes, have experienced a massive boom in recent years. They offer riders outdoor adventures with a little added battery power for some of the steeper climbs in Ramsau am Dachstein, Schladming-Dachstein and Filzmoos.
In total there are 14 e-bike routes in the region, of which four start in Ramsau. Along each route there are plenty of hire shops and places to exchange empty batteries for fully charged ones.
Your journey of discovery can begin right on the doorstep of the Rittis Alpin Chalets – 200 kilometres and 5000 vertical metres of climbing await!
Tip! In and around Ramsau there is a large network of well signposted e-bike rides with many hire shops and places to exchange or charge batteries.
Improve your skills on the bike
Located at 1830 metres above sea level, the Bikepark Planai is packed with trails, pumptracks and flowlines catering for all abilities and is easy to reach using the Planai cable car.
While the Rookie Trail with its many corners and gentle gradient is ideal for beginners, the Biker Cross challenges riders with shaped kickers, rollers and banked corners. Experienced downhillers can follow in the tyre tracks of international stars like Sam Hill and take on the World Cup downhill course. A visit to the Bikepark Planai is a must for all those who want to work on their bike-handling skills.
Book your stay at the Rittis Alpin Chalets today – the Bikepark Planai is just 30 minutes from the chalets. Highlights at the Bikepark Planai include:
- Pro Downhill: Austria's longest downhill course
- World Cup Downhill: follow in the footsteps of the stars
- Pumptrack: circular course for improving bike technique
- Jack Lumber Trail: Northshore Trail around a rocky area
- Kids' Superpark
The Alpreif Bikecenter with its suspension clinic not only has all the equipment you need but also plenty of skilled bike mechanics. Visitors can also try our the latest protective equipment from top brand Alpine Stars.